Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Day 3



Day 3 was hectic (not yet finished). Azizan requested to use the camcorder, so I told myself to come early...phew, no traffic jam, so I was early, at least we managed to set up the camcorder and later Aziz took over.

We always moaned that we did not record this lecture or that lecture...hey, how come the faculty only have 1 camcorder and it hasn't been repaired?

I only managed to listen to the first two lectures by the NUS academic, Dr. Hee and the Korean historian, Dr Pai...

Megat and I used what little time in between this and that to work out our slides sequence and content...what with Wey Shan reminding me about it before that...so Megat, its over to you now to settle the presentation... I will just be at the side to add things if required... I hope the UM students won't bury their heads and the rest go to sleep tomorrow...arghhh...we don't care, let's show some attitude!

I checked our studio group...looks like Eida and Lizam are up to it. I mentioned to Lizam in Malay that we hope Kampung Baru don't turn into Chinatown...hahaha...no, I am not being rude and politically incorrect... there's so many Malay houses there, we need to find some 'motifs' to be adapted into architecture...so there are many Malay houses there ( I repeat)...however, we did not visit any during the site visit. I wished we did actually....

Managed to show the local plan (bits of it) to some of the group, so I pray that they do some reflections and not force it! Please address the 'Malay' issue in design terms...Gotta check them again after dinner....hmmm

So now its for Dr Kenneth Yeang... ( how many times have I attended his talks before?) - I think 4 including this one , and one in London... I must be a loony fan of his...haha

No comments: